Friday, April 15, 2011

By the way, I'm renaming this the Black Sea food blog


The Aya Sofia is also charismatic at night. It has six minarets which really beats out most mosques' piddly two to four minarets. That also means extra places to put megaphones up high to play the calls to prayers five times a day. There was a real rhythm to life established by being woken up and lulled to sleep by very loud staticky music.


One of my biggest discoveries this trip. I spend my whole life thinking I don't like baklava. Turns out what I had was a dry, stale, crunchy imitation of the real thing. Baklava as it turns out comes in many many flavors -- walnut, pistachio, chocolate and here the pistachio chocolate -- and is moist and amazing.


You can't have too many pictures of Turkish tea.



We met this friendly fellow and dubbed him bench cat. I was half tempted to bring him back.

Inexplicable street art.


Really, the best things to blog about are food. I'm leaving the rest to Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment